I/O stands for IN and OUT. This module allows users to interact with third-party devices and software over many different protocols.
- MIDI: Connect MIDI devices through USB. Supports 14bit MIDI and motorized sliders feedback.
- DMX: Use Art-Net or sACN protocols over Ethernet to connect with lighting consoles and DMX fixtures.
- Network Protocol: Send UDP, TCP and HTTP messages to specific ports and IP addresses in order to converse with other software and devices.
- Input Devices: Access textures from video input cards, NDI and SPOUT streams, DirectShow and integrated test cards. Currently supported video input card brands: AJA and Bluefish
- Audio Devices: Capture or output multi-channel audio through ASIO or DirectShow.
- Audio Analysis: Analyze audio and map the data to any slider or access it through a node in the FX Graph module.
- Albion: Control Albion (VYV’s 3D Tracking System), manage tracking cameras and create Posistage.Net [PSN] servers to send the positions data to third-party software.
- Matrix Switcher: Connect to signal routing hardware devices through Ethernet in order to manage signal route and automate backups.
Currently supported brands: Lightware, Evertz, Blackmagic Design, Aja, Extron.
- Projector Devices: Connect to video projectors through Ethernet to control their power, shutter, lens shift, zoom and focus parameters.
Currently supported brands: Barco, Christie, Panasonic, PJ Link.
- Network Switch: Communicate with Network Switches through Telnet protocol.
- Copernics: Program and assign unique IDs to Copernics (VYV’s optical markers) through USB.
- Light Sensors: Control and get data from photodiodes for auto-calibration purposes.
- Oculus Rift: Connect an Oculus virtual reality headset and control the POV camera with an Xbox Controller.
- HTC Vive: Connect an OpenVR compatible virtual reality headset and control the POV camera with an Xbox Controller.
- DirectInput: Trigger specific actions within Photon with the buttons and sticks of game controllers.
- OSC: Create an Open Sound Control clients and servers architecture to share data between musical instruments, computers, and other multimedia devices.