The was the third concert tour by American singer-songwriter Justin Timberlake. It showcased his second studio album, FutureSex/LoveSounds (2006). The tour grossed $127.8 million. It was the third highest-grossing concert tour of 2007.
VYV was entrusted with the show’s video technical integration. Using Photon, VYV was able to calibrate all 12 projectors and 6 curved screens in 3D in less than an hour, which was vital to a tour that was to perform in 119 different venues that year. VYV projected video onto curved and transparent surfaces, which included real-time image processing and effects over live video input.
The unbridled success of Timberlake’s “FutureSex/LoveShow” tour cemented VYV’s place in the industry for providing reliable, adaptive, bleeding-edge solutions for multi-video projections during live shows. VYV programmed the PHOTON SHOW user interface to allow the operator to calibrate the 12 projectors and 6 curved screens in 3D in under an hour. An unprecedented accomplishment!
“I want them to walk away from this, saying ‘I’ve never seen that before. I’ve never experienced a show like that before.”
– Justin Timberlake
- Production Design Collaboration
- Video Design Collaboration
- On-site Creative Production
- Show programming
- Real-time special effects
- On-site Technical Integration
- Photon video servers integration
- Curved and transparent projection surfaces
- Convergence of two separately projected images on each screen
- Real-time video effects
- High-definition (3000×708 pixels) video content
- Worldwide tour
- Limited set-up time
- Very little programming and show integration time
January 2007 – December 2007
Johnny Wright, Steve Dixon
Johnny Wright, Steve Dixon, Ian Donald, Emric Epstein, Martin Granger-Piché, Geodezik
Nick Whitehouse, Bryan Leitch